What to look for when selecting a marketing agency
How do you know when you’ve found the right marketing agency for you and your business? Finding a great match in a crowded marketplace can seem like trying to find the proverbial needle in the haystack. All the terminology can be overwhelming, which won’t help you pick the right partner to help your business grow.
Finding the right marketing agency will make your marketing more effective and profitable. Read on to find out what we’d suggest looking out for when you’re on the hunt for a new marketing agency.
- Invest time in finding the right marketing agency to bring long-term rewards.
- Look for agencies that match your business. If you’re in B2B, you need an agency with plenty of B2B marketing experience, preferably within your sector. If you’re anticipating working on a long-term project, or hope to use them as an outsourced marketing department, check they are the right cultural fit.
- Brief them fully about your business, what challenges you’re facing and what your business goals are.
- Ask about what they can provide in-house and whether they will outsource any elements of your work. If so, why? Check how will they ensure confidentiality and ensure you receive a seamless, high-quality service.
- Expect lots of detailed questions about your business and what your aspirations are. Without understanding your business and your short, medium and long-term goals, how will they be able to market you effectively?
- Find out how they will communicate with you and gain an understanding of their expectations of you as a client.
- Understand how they will measure success and report back to you. Monitoring performance is a key part of the marketing function and understanding how, and how often, this will be relayed back to you is important.
- Ask friends and contacts for recommendations, but take them with a pinch of salt, because the first rule of thumb on the don’t list then comes into play.
- Pick the first agency you’ve come across. Rush into it.
- Finding the right agency is like finding a new member of your team. You might need to interview a few agencies to draw up a shortlist.
- Be blinded by science. If you don’t understand it, don’t sign up to it. They should clearly articulate and explain their ideas and be able to back these up with facts and figures.
Hiring a professional marketing agency can bring many benefits to your business. Asking these questions when talking to your potential agency partners will make choosing the right marketing agency so much easier.
We love helping our clients succeed. If you’ve got a question about your marketing or you’d like to have a chat about how we can help you, get in touch today on 01452 379 980 or via email@example.com.
Find out more about how we approach marketing for different sectors.
Not sure it’s the right time to get in touch? Find out about the right time to hire a marketing agency.