Marketers LOVE innovation. Yet funky new ideas and platforms need to translate to commercial improvement if they are to gain traction in a crowded marketplace. This year has already seen a seismic shift in marketing methods – so what lies ahead?
We’ve had a look at the market to see what’s going to shake up digital marketing for 2019.
Our predictions for 2019:
- A return to the basics. Throw in all the fancy words you like, but business, marketing and brand strategy drive the growth of a business. Next year we’ll see more of a return to the basics in an effort to maximise digital tactics.
- Tied in with this, a more strategic approach and measurement around content marketing. Deepening your understanding of your audience and responding with quality content will become key to successful marketing strategies.
- Search marketing. Many of the Google changes announced in 2018 will become reality for us in 2019, and they’re going to have a real impact on marketing – particularly Google Speed Updates.
- Chatbots. Love them or loathe them, they’re evolving and leading the customer experience for many brands. As they are deployed across more channels, they’ll add value through creating a seamless user interface.
- Omnichannel communications. We’ve had it in retail and travel for a while, but now omnichannel communications are breaking out into other sectors. Sure, it’s a buzzword, but it’s a customer-centric approach which emphasizes the need to interact with customers across all channels.
- Following on from this, there’ll be a rise in integrated digital marketing strategy across multiple channels – start to break down those silos!
- Snapchat isn’t just for teens. Use of Facebook is declining in most age groups except for the 55+. Pinterest and Instagram usage is rising stratospherically. Which other platforms are going to rise and fall in 2019?
- We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again. Video will continue to be on the rise.
What do you think?
What’s on your list to watch out for in 2019?
Of course, social media will still play a large role in marketing for many businesses. If you’d like some tips on how to make social media work better for your business, check out our blog which gives you our top tips. Want to think a bit bigger? Have a look at five online trends you need to know about.