Maximise the value of exhibiting at an event
Taking the plunge and committing to exhibiting at an event can be daunting for some. Yet knowing how to go about it can make all the difference.
Try our top tips to get the most out of having a stand at an exhibition:
- Make sure you’re attending the right conference in the first place! With so many events out there, you need to do your research to make sure you’ll be exhibiting at the right event for your audience.
- Plan, plan and plan again. Decide your goals, craft your story and make sure you establish the attendees and your budget. Make sure everyone has a full stash of business cards.
- Manage your budget. It’s all too easy to get carried away with amazing giveaways and awesome stands, but you need everything to work for you – and to work together – to deliver a brilliant brand experience, at a price you can afford.
- Brand – make sure you’re on it! Get creative with your stand and take the time to produce a stand and collateral which reflects well on you and your company. Ensure your company attendees are briefed and ready to network, and don’t let them wander off during networking sessions – you need to make sure your stand has someone on it!
- Prepare your networking plan. Who else do you want to get close to, try to get a meeting with, partner with? Take the time to go through your fellow attendee lists to know who you want to go and meet, and why.
- Publicise your attendance. Announce your exhibition stand presence on social media, send a mailshot to your clients, even send out a ‘we’re looking forward to meeting you’ email to fellow attendees. Make sure you use the conference hashtag and include some photos to help generate interest. Offer to book in meetings on your stand.
- Don’t forget to follow up! It’s amazing how many business cards can be collected and then languish in a drawer. Send out an email to everyone you met and make sure you follow up on those conversations. To help you remember who was who, write a memo to yourself on the back of their business cards.
We’re exhibiting at the Business Showcase South West conference at Ashton Gate Stadium, Bristol, on 10 October. Come along and meet us at stand D78! Or get in touch with us via email@example.com
If you’d like to read more of our tips, check out our networking blog